|Reference # : ||13-01503
||Title : ||Business Systems Sr. Analyst|
Overland Park, KS
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||8 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||06/10/2013 / 12/09/2013
| Description |
|Job Title: Business Systems Sr. Analyst
Market Job Title: Market Job TitleSenior Business Analyst - 3434-1
Duration: Duration:6-6 month(s)
Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Summary: Analyzes Information and proposes solutions for large and/or complex business areas and prepares business, functional, and technical requirements. Participates in business planning, conducts analysis and business risk assessment; leads process redesign; and consults with the customer on how to best support their area through the effective use of technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Performs analysis through interviewing, analyzing documents, facilitating requirements workshops, conducting surveys, and/or visiting sites. Analyzes assigned areas, such as freight operations, cost analysis, finance, marketing, human resources and other business functions in order to develop new or modified information processing systems.
2. Produces as-is and to-be process flow diagrams.
3. Identifies, analyzes, and documents requirements. Translates business requirements into functional and technical requirements.
4. Delivers work products throughout the Integrated Development Life Cycle as required for large and/or complex projects.
5. Understands how information technology could be applied to business needs. Utilizes technical skills, coupled with business intelligence knowledge and a deep understanding of the customer's needs so that they can be transformed into application, data and operational requirements.
6. Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify business needs and objectives.
7. Performs Gap Analysis for Vendors COTS (Commercial Off-the-Shelf) package solution with business, functional, and data requirements.
8. Builds partnerships, develops and nurtures productive business relationships with the business and technology partners to ensure their business needs are met.
9. Gathers documents and maintains functional and/or technical specifications for new or modified business systems.
10. Facilitates the gathering of system requirements, current operational and other procedures, problems, system integration points, data scope, usage, formatting, security requirements and instructions.
11. Consults and coordinates with analysts and developers to design and develop systems, including both high-level and detailed user and system design requirements.
12. Acts as a facilitator of meetings and correspondence between technical and functional teams. Helps coordinate communication or activities with vendors or other non-YRC Freight companies as needed.
13. Develops, coordinates, implements and executes plans to business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing. Assists with User Acceptance (UAT) testing as needed.
14. Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications.
15. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
16. Understands and applies standards, methodologies, processes, and procedures. Participates in the development of standards, tools, methodologies, processes, and procedures.
17. Participates in simultaneous engagements and initiatives.
18. Demonstrates the core competencies relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
19. May perform other job-related duties as assigned.Start Time:12:00 AM
Additional Job Details:
Additional Job Details: